Resources » Section 504 Accommodations

Section 504 Accommodations

Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act requires public schools to offer services and accommodations for eligible students with disabilities. These services help students with special health needs fully take part in school.

Your child may be eligible for health services, educational accommodations, or both.

  • Health services are for students who need to take medicine (like insulin) or receive a special nursing treatment at school. Find out more on our Health Services page.
  • Educational accommodations are for students who need building, classroom or testing accommodations. For example, students with trouble hearing may need to be seated close to the blackboard. Other students may need breaks, or extra time to take tests. For these accommodations, please submit the Request for Section 504 Accommodations, Medical Review for 504 Accommodations and the HIPAA form (provided below) to your school’s 504 Coordinator.